The client is looking for an experienced and impactful VP of Product to spearhead Product development across their Healthcare Business unit. Your knowledge and insight into Product excellence and your ability to understand multiple products in depth will help deliver on their mission to accelerate medical research and improve patient care.
As VP Product you will work alongside the Healthcare Managing Director to develop effective product strategy and turn that strategy into exciting healthcare products that users love. You will work across multiple healthcare areas, utilise the best of our AI/ML capabilities to drive outcomes and efficiencies across the healthcare value chain. This role is integral to the company, is highly visible, and makes a major impact to our commercial success. It represents a unique opportunity to build on our initial product successes and pioneer future digital health products which solve some of the most complex challenges in healthcare.
You'll be a true Product Champion, able to see the width of perspective and the depth of details. We're a fast-moving company, so you'll be at your best whilst navigating ambiguity. Your background will doubtless involve extensive cross-functional working with product, engineering, design and user research, specifically around healthcare or digital therapeutics and preferably within AL/ML enabled products. You've scaled and built agile teams before and are proud of your accomplishments managing multiple products within a portfolio; and managing multiple product managers within organisations
How you'll help
- Work directly alongside our Managing Director to define and execute Product vision and strategy across growing Portfolio so that our roadmaps enable us to align with ambitious commercialisation targets
- Balance multiple product maps in both in collaboration with internal and external teams
- Execute the product roadmaps flawlessly, leading cross-functional teams as well as rolling up your own sleeves to drive product delivery in accelerated timescales
- Build and maintain relationships with senior stakeholders for alignment to product scoping, prioritisation and roadmap
- Be our product evangelist, establishing ways to communicate product progress, product vision and latest developments to stakeholders across the business
- Define and track product metrics to guide product priorities across the Product range; setting up the metrics framework and approach to apply across our product portfolio
- Lead the set-up of product best practice across the organisation e.g.. business defining and embedding processes and frameworks; lean design principles; data-driven prioritisation across the product development life cycle etc.
- Support close risk management on product development and delivery across the product portfolio for the Healthcare division
- Expertise in leading Product strategy and delivering high quality digital products in accelerated timescales, leading as a both Coach and player when appropriate.
- Background of developing high growth technology platforms and services, and of building AI-enabled digital products in the healthcare sector. Experience of one or more of the following segments would also be helpful: Digital Therapeutics; Diagnostics; Medical Devices; Health Plans and Payers; Healthcare Providers
- Experience of managing complex product portfolios, multiple products and cross-functional teams, towards flawless execution against product strategy and roadmaps
- Comfortable with fast-moving product development life cycles using agile methodologies
- Believer in hypothesis-driven product development and continuous iteration using lean product design principles
- Ability to drive strategy as well as detailed execution
- Entrepreneurial by nature with a track record of achieving stretch goals; an outcomes-oriented, creative problem solver who is constantly seeking new solutions to obstacles and challenges
- A career built on analytical and communication skills, with the ability to communicate with and influence stakeholders at all levels particularly on product strategy and product execution
- Persuasive, influential, a champion for Product with the ability to communicate widely across stakeholder groups
- Ability to hire and grow high-performing product management teams
- Likely to hold an MBA or advanced degree in a relevant space