The client uses their proprietary clinical AI technology to analyse ethically sourced, clinically curated, anonymised patient data to solve serious unmet medical needs across a wide range of therapeutic areas, enabling a new approach to clinical trial design, drug discovery, development and post-marketing surveillance.
The Senior Azure Solution Architect will provide hands-on Azure implementation, configuration, custom development and best practice support across all the client's departments and customers. As a senior member of the team you will be given full autonomy as well as assisting with the development, enhancement, and documentation of methodologies across our data-led Microsoft Azure projects. Someone who will be comfortable in mentoring other SA's is desired.
- Work with Microsoft Azure (IaaS, PaaS) technologies enabling change and transformation of the client's environment
- Demonstrate clear technology thinking and a sound understanding of technology solution design principles.
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving skills and be able to utilise CI/CD techniques
- Experience of designing complex technical solutions on Microsoft Azure and exposure to technologies such as big data, analytics, artificial intelligence, automation and Internet of Things.
- Responsibility for all aspects of Azure infrastructure designs you produce from security by design to creating accompanying high-quality documentation and including technical delivery
- Technical Authority for project delivery and solution designs
- Provide feedback / peer review on designs produced by colleagues in the Azure Practice
- Deep understanding of Data and BI solutions, especially cloud-based solutions, enabling you to be a Technical Leader to support estimation, planning and delivery in Data Engineering and across the business units and offerings
- Proven experience in adaptable solution design across complex application landscapes
- Capability to lead transformational IT programmes and mentor other Solution Architects
- Candidates need to be able to show experience with the entire data lifecycle, with a variety of onboarding techniques from cloud and legacy systems in batch and streaming scenarios. They should be able to propose Data Lake zoning strategies and describe how these can be implemented. An ability to model data in dimensional models is required and experience of other modelling techniques such as Data Vault desirable
- Knowledge of the fundamental underpinnings of Azure solution design is required. Candidates should understand Azure tenants, subscriptions and resource groups
- Candidates require experience delivering projects using Azure DevOps and MLOps
- Core technology expertise in Microsoft Azure Migration from On-Prem/Cloud to Azure Platform, Microsoft SQL, Storage and Networking
- Solution Architects should be able to design a data platform in Azure from the ground up. They need an expert knowledge of the key components, notably Azure Data Factory, Azure Storage, Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse and Azure Database, Azure Analysis Services and Power BI.
- They should also have familiarity with Event Hubs, IoT Hubs and Stream Analytics, and with Azure API Manager. Some knowledge of CosmosDB and an AzureML is desirable, as is an understanding of related technologies such as the Power Platform, Logic Apps, Azure Functions and Event Grids.
- Knowledge of deployment orchestration and configuration management tools (Terraform, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes)
- Experience with moving environments into Azure from on-premises environments such as rehosting or refactoring the environments
- Strong advocate for Infrastructure as code (IaC)
- Experience of working across technology domains such as Business, Data, Applications, Infrastructure, Integration and Security.
- Experience in Azure security architectures and digital security, demonstrating best practice experience
- Understanding of Agile techniques and frameworks with the ability to lead Agile teams to seek opportunities and drive value for business performance
- Technical leadership, project success, timely delivery of end-to-end projects and accurate production of agreed deliverables.
- Solution Architects should be confident presenters, with well-developed presentation skills and an ability to communicate complicated subjects in an appropriate manner to all stakeholder levels
- Relevant Microsoft Azure certifications (Azure Architect Technologies/Architect Design, Azure Data Solutions, Cognitive Services, Cosmos DB, Data Factory, Data Lake, Databricks, Data Share, HDInsight, Kubernetes, Machine Learning, ML Studio, Synapse Analytics)
- Certified in Agile methodologies and/or a Design Thinking practitioner
- Familiarity and experience with Medical data