Life Science People have partnered with an early-stage drug discovery company whom specialise in therapies for severe unmet medical needs in immunology and genetically defined disorders. They are currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist with expertise in immunology. The company offers a thriving and creative environment for a well-suited candidate to become an integral part of the future vision.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced environment as a Senior Scientist. The right candidate would define and establish cell-based assays to support both ongoing drug discovery projects as well as target validation experiments for candidate targets.
Essential Experience and Skills
- PhD or equivalent in Immunology, or equivalent
- Strong background knowledge in innate immunity and interrogating signalling pathways relevant to innate immunity with a focus on inflammasome and TLR signalling
- Track record of developing and validating mammalian cell-based assays to study molecular pathways relevant to immunology and inflammation
- Experience in flow cytometry and with multi-mode plate readers
- Experience of isolating and working with primary human blood-derived immune cells
- Ability to develop and implement new technologies and protocols
- Experience in either GPCRs, solute carriers or inflammasome biology