Do you want to work for a organisation that is a dynamic and inventive global player in early phase research? If so, this may be the role for you.
As a Senior Research Scientist (SRS), you will be the laboratory point of contact for clinical trial clients, supervising junior members of staff in a matrix management structure, and taking ownership of study data, making sure it is delivered to GCP standards and within the agreed timelines. The SRS has significant growth opportunities by acting as a subject matter expert in their technical area and in project management.
Reporting to the Laboratory Operations Director, your role will include:
- Manage and conduct the analytical phase of clinical studies according to the agreed protocol and timelines to GCP standards.
- Perform and train others in assigned scientific assays with high degree of independence.
- Lead all lab activities for a given client project, including writing analytical plans, planning and conduct of sample processing and analysing, data management, and delivery to the client.
- Maintain customer satisfaction of both internal and external clients and stakeholders.
- Monitor studies to ensure adherence to the Scope of Work and evaluate progress of designated projects against timelines and budget.
- Record all information and data obtained in experiments according to established procedures and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Assist in the supervision and development of junior scientists.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Life Science Degree in relevant scientific subject (2:1 or above preferable) or equivalent.
- Background in Virology, Immunology or Infectious Diseases
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Previous experience working to GCP standards and MHRA standards in a clinical trial environment.
- Experience working within a CRO or pharmaceutical company.
- Project management experience.
If this role interests you, then please apply now. You can submit your CV and cover letter highlighting your expertise as a Senior Research Scientist. We will send you a confirmation of acknowledgement, and please note feedback can take up to 2-3 weeks. Upon successful selection for an interview, the process will occur in the following three stages:
First stage: This will be an initial screening call with a Life Science People representative
Final stage: A video call with the hiring manager - Laboratory Operations Director and TA Representative to go through your background and experience in the role
The Senior Research Scientist role is a full-time permanent position, paying up a competitive salary & benefits package. You will be based on-site in one of their facilities in their London office. Full details will be provided on application. In addition to a generous basic salary, the company offers the following benefits package:
- Medical Insurance
- Travel Allowance
- Annual Holiday