Senior Machine Learning Researcher
Location: Oxford, UK
Status: Full time - Permanent
Salary: Competitive + Company Share Option Scheme + Benefits
Do you have significant experience working with Machine Learning technologies?
Do you want to make a significant contribution to patient care?
A leading Health Technology and Artificial Intelligence company is looking for a Senior Machine Learning Researcher with a genuine passion for health care, to join their discovery sciences team. The agile team is led by clinical specialists, who use their AI technology to analyse and detect hidden patterns in anonymised patient data, accelerating the research, development and commercialisation of new medicines. Their aim is to drive the next generation of innovation for better patient outcomes, whilst harnessing some of the industry's most progressive AI approaches. This is centred on data-efficient machine learning (ML) algorithms.
- Implementing Medical Image Analysis and Machine Learning solutions to provide accurate, timely, and actionable intelligence to support business decision-making within life sciences
- Support and guide other researchers in learning about, applying and delivering product features driven by machine learning (ML) techniques.
- Help develop robust model training and data infrastructure to support ML approaches for medical imaging and other data sources
- Assist in steering the research direction of the company in the field of medical imaging and machine learning.
- Publish research results in national and international conferences and scientific journals.
- 3+ years experience in postdoctoral research or 18 months plus in an industrial role
- PhD degree in Medical Image Analysis, Machine Learning, Computer Science or a related quantitative field
- Proven delivery of successful ML tooling for projects or commercial applications
- Thorough hands-on experience using machine learning techniques for computer vision or medical imaging applications
- Strong academic and research track record demonstrated through publication of papers in top scientific conferences and/or journals.
- Excellent coding skills in Python (C++ is a plus)
- Hands-on experience using one of the following deep learning libraries: TensorFlow, PyTorch, or similar.
- Industry experience in translating these approaches into a commercial/industry setting is a plus.
- Experience working with the DICOM standard is a plus
Who we are:
Launched in September 2020, Life Science people is a privately funded, fast growing, niche recruitment consultancy, with the UK's top Life Science recruitment specialists.
Our mission: To make a tangible impact on global health
To apply to this role, and for further information please email