Life Science People are a strategic growth partner within the Life Science industry, providing bespoke services to the life science community from SMEs through to blue-chip organisations and sourcing the best talent to make a tangible contribution to healthcare.
Life Science People is retained exclusively with a scale-up global organisation that supports pharmaceuticals and biotech's from early drug discovery through to clinical trials and is looking to appoint a Senior Immunologist.
The Senior Immunologist will be based at the state-of-the-art facility and will be responsible for the planning and designing immunotherapy projects, which will include the characterisation and validation of complex immunological assays (using ex vivo and in vitro models).
If you are looking for the opportunity to develop yourself with the willingness to learn new techniques, then this could be just the role for you. With excellent development opportunities and the chance to be part of this rapidly expanding organisation, now really is the time to get in contact to explore further.
Reporting to the Immunology Team Leader you will work across multidisciplinary teams to investigate the efficacy of a wide range of therapeutics.
Skills and Experience Required:
- BSC/MSc/PhD with extensive lab experience and a strong understanding of immunology.
- Experience working within Pharma/Biotech or in a Postdoctoral role within the immunology field would be an advantage
- Experience with ex vivo and in vitro models (e.g. immune cell mono/co-cultures, ex vivo phenotypic analysis, genetic/pharmacological intervention, cell engineering and biomarker analyses of early phase clinical trials).
- A background in or willingness to learn techniques such as IncuCyte, MACS sorting, 18-flow cytometry, Luminex, Nanostring, ELISpot, qPCR, Lentiviral delivery, high content screening and culture of primary cells is essential.
- Experience with immune cell isolation and cell culture
- Track record of carrying out large complex immunological experiments independently
- Ability to interpret data sets, generate concise conclusions
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
If the Senior Immunologist position interests you, then please apply now. You can submit your CV and cover letter highlighting your expertise as a immunologist. We will send you a confirmation of acknowledgement, and please note feedback can take up to 2-3 weeks. Upon successful selection for an interview, the process will occur in the following three stages:
First stage: An initial Teams call with the hiring manager and two senior managers within the company
Final Stage: This will be a final interview on site with key stakeholders within the business and you will have an opportunity to meet with the team too.
The Senior Immunologist role is a full-time permanent position, paying a competitive salary & benefits package. You will be based in their state-of-the-art facility in the Southwest of England with flexibility to work from home when report writing. Full details will be provided on application. In addition to a generous basic salary, the company offers the following benefits package:
· 9% employer contribution to pension scheme - Any employee contribution to pension topped up by employer by 6.9%
· Private medical insurance (for employee), or policy cost paid into pension
· Life assurance 4 x salary
· 33 days' FTE holiday including bank holidays per annum (figure pro rata'd if joining through the Holiday year)
· Private medical insurance for family members/Critical illness insurance
· Dental insurance
· Employee discount scheme
· Yearly bonus