Senior Business Development Manager - AI Drug Discovery Software
Life Science People are supporting an expanding AI ML data platform service organisation. The business specialises in curating and structuring scientific data for pre-clinical & discovery teams within pharmaceuticals and biotechnology companies. They are looking for a Senor Business Development Manager to join at a time where they are entering an exciting growth phase. You will be working closely with the Head of Business Development and be fundamental in closing sales opportunities while identifying and securing new business opportunities for growth.
If you are looking for an opportunity to develop yourself, a team and a department then this could be just the role for you. With excellent development opportunities and the chance to be part of this rapidly expanding, market leading healthcare firm, now really is the time to get in contact to explore further.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Focus on new business development, through focused big pharma target accounts alongside smaller biotechnology opportunities. Delivering on agreed KPI's and target earning, driving a pipeline of sales, with an average deal cycle of 6-9 months.
- Play an active role within the sourcing and growth of securing new clients while strengthening current client accounts through utilising industry contacts within new and desired target accounts.
- Utilising your knowledge of data curation ontologies, text analytics, natural language processing, text-mining, knowledge management & computational biology, to enhance the quality of the organisations products when identifying how they can help solve client problems, relaying opportunities to the technical developers.
- Work closely with professional services and the technical team to understand the clients' requirements and enhance the product pitches and related proposals.
- A proven deal sheet with a track record of high consistent sales and meeting revenue targets
- Good scientific credentials, qualifications ideally in life sciences to PhD level (but at least to first degree level).
- Ideally 10+ years of business development or sales experience selling data or enterprise solutions into the pharma industry
- Account-based marketing experience desirable.
- Knowledge of data curation including ontologies, text analytics, natural language processing, text-mining, knowledge management & systems biology, all within drug discovery is highly desirable.
- Have an extensive contacts list within the companies target segments, to supplement the existing customer base and network of opportunities. In particular, with discovery groups in big pharma.
- Experience in Business-to-Business relationships, pipeline planning, funnel (sales) management.
- A willingness to undertake significant travel to clients. Additionally, travel is required to internal meetings, conferences, and exhibitions.
If this Senior Business Development Manager position interests you, then please apply now. You can submit your CV and cover letter highlighting your expertise as a Business Development Manager. We will send you a confirmation of acknowledgement, and please note feedback can take up to 2-3 weeks. Upon successful selection for an interview, the process will occur in the following three stages:
First stage: This will be an initial screening call with a Life Science People representative
Second stage: An initial phone call with the hiring manager to go through background and experience in relation to the role
Final Stage: This will be a final interview with key stakeholders within the business
This role is a full-time permanent position, paying a competitive salary & benefits package. This role will be remote, with travel to their Manchester based office when required. Full details will be provided on application.
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Remote working
- VC backed business with world leading customers and huge growth prospects