Life Science People are a strategic growth partner within the Life Science industry providing bespoke services to the life science community from SMEs through to blue chip organisations and sourcing the best talent to make a tangible contribution to healthcare.
Life Science People is retained exclusively with a start-up Biotech specialising in developing innovative therapeutic solutions in rare and auto-immune diseases.
Entrepreneurial; excited by new challenges and not intimidated, but instead invigorated by the ambiguity and risks associated with an 'early-stage' endeavour.
A predisposition to roll-up-the-sleeves and personally engage in the work at hand; comfortable working in the resource-constrained, fast-paced environment of early-stage companies.
As R&D Program Manager, you will have responsibility and accountability for the delivery of innovation programs consisting of multiple projects This role requires an individual who excels in leadership, communication, influencing and management. Responsibilities include delivery to timelines, monitoring budget spend, risk and issues, reporting and escalation of any deviations from the plan. The successful applicant will be able to transition information, organise people and projects, work packages, deliver, and build project plan.
- Prioritise and manage multiple projects simultaneously with multiple stakeholders, locations, work packages with overlapping deadlines.
- Assume responsibility of program and project delivery holding team members accountable.
- Maintain accurate live program and project information and status through regular team meetings.
- Collaboratively overcome potential bottlenecks in required resources (people and equipment) and capacity commitments and obtain buy-in of all relevant stakeholders.
- Previous experience in program management with proven ability to deal with complex projects, tight timelines, budget constraints and multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated results-oriented and driven behaviours.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Documented ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrable strong leadership and influencing skills
- Experience of working in a matrix organisational structure within the biotech industry