Quality Control Associate (Permanent)
- Location: Hertfordshire, UK
- Salary:35,000 - 45,000 GBP, (starting salary dependant on experience)
- Demonstrated ability to handle flow cytometry and qPCR under GMP regulations
About the Company
A purpose driven company hiring talented and ambitious minds to help us on our mission to curing cancer. Our company is focused on the generation and development of novel cell and gene therapies to help patients overcome cancer. Our research concentrates on expanding our current efforts to enhance a series of next-generation cell and gene therapies.
About the Role
As a Quality Control Associate you will be responsible for developing our analytical method testing to support clinical trials. You will have a heavy focus on developing assays employing the use of flow cytometry and qPCR. This needs to be in compliance with quality and safety guidelines. You will also be responsible for training other laboratory staff.
- Support Quality Control team by improving analytical testingand maintaining laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Validation and calibration of technical equipment and quality issues.
- Processingof laboratory records, procedures and systems in line with GMP standards.
- Create,review, and revise SOPs and protocols.
- Training other laboratory staff on release assays.
- Execute GMP QC release assays for flow cytometry, qPCR, and sterility.
- Design and implement assay qualification protocols for final product and in process testing.
- Draft and lead on Out of Spec and Lab Investigations.
- Establish a strong liaison with individuals from other teams and work collaboratively.
- BScin biological sciences or related field.
- 3+ years experiencein quality control laboratory and understanding of GMP processes within a cell therapy or related field.
- Analytical instrument handling experience, withfocus on flow cytometry and qPCR.
- Knowledge in GMP in relation to EU, FDA and/or ICH- standards.
- Independent, with strong communicationand organisation.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
If this role interests you, then please apply now. You can submit your CV and cover letter highlighting your expertise as a Quality Control Specialist. Successful candidates will be contacted in the next 48 hours and be processed through the 3-stage hiring process highlighted below.
Stage 1: Screening call with Life Science People representative.
Stage 2: Telephone interview with hiring manager.
Stage 3: Technical assessment with Quality Control laboratory manager.
Further details will be disclosed on application and the process should take no longer than two weeks.