Life Science People are a strategic growth partner within the Life Science industry providing bespoke services to the life science community from SMEs through to blue chip organisations and sourcing the best talent to make a tangible contribution to healthcare.
Do you want to work in a fast-growing company that works on genomics and target drug discovery? This exciting area of biology is booming, and you could be a part of it.
As a Senior Scientist (Genomics), you will be using the newest genomic approaches while creating novel ones yourself.
Your skills will include:
- PhD in biological discipline (or equivalent) or MSc with demonstrated experience in Next Generation Sequencing library preparation and sequencing
- Experience in one or more of ATAC-seq, ChIP-seq, RNA-seq, 3C based assays is essential
- Demonstratable Molecular Biology techniques
- An interest and understanding in the current gene regulation, epigenetics and genomics field
- Ability to design and run experiments, working on every step, and developing new steps
- Management of people and projects is ideal
- Pharmaceutical/biotech Industry experience highly desirable
- Ideally you will understand the drug discovery and development process
If this role interests you, then please apply now. You can submit your CV. We will send you a confirmation of acknowledgement, and please note feedback can take up to 2 weeks.
Upon successful selection for an interview, the process will occur in the following three stages:
First Stage: This will be an initial telephone call with Life Science People
Second stage: Initial 45 mins call with the hiring manager
Final stage: One hour Microsoft teams interview with the hiring manager and meet with senior management
The Senior Scientist (Genomics) role is a full-time permanent position, paying up a competitive salary and benefits package. The company is based in Oxford. Full details will be provided on application. In addition to a generous basic salary, the company offers the following benefits package:
- Annual Holiday
- Stock Options
- Pension Plan