Life Science People are a strategic growth partner within the Life Science industry providing bespoke services to the life science community from SMEs through to blue chip organisations and sourcing the best talent to make a tangible contribution to healthcare.
Life Science People is retained exclusively with a start-up Biotech specialising in developing innovative therapeutic solutions in rare and auto-immune diseases.
Entrepreneurial; excited by new challenges and not intimidated, but instead invigorated by the ambiguity and risks associated with an 'early-stage' endeavour.
A predisposition to roll-up-the-sleeves and personally engage in the work at hand; comfortable working in the resource-constrained, fast-paced environment of early-stage companies.
This position requires understanding of office productivity applications such as Microsoft Office suite and Windows operation systems. The Operations Manager must be reliable, flexible, people-oriented, friendly, patient, fast learning, quick thinking, illustrates initiative and responsibility. A high-quality productivity level within a fast-paced environment is a necessity.
- Assists with documenting new feature and functions relating to system enhancements or modifications
- Assist with overseeing and management of tasks related to project completion
- Performs administrative and clerical tasks
- Assist with initial client technical and operational discussions relating to data source integration and research
- Assist with project communication and documentation regarding status of projects.
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Contribute to selection of website vendors and partners
- Select and co-ordinate employee benefits
- Co-ordinate and set up interviews
· Understanding of office management systems.
· Administrative and operational experience
· Strong time management skills
· Knowledge of general administration procedures
· Ability to multitask, problem solve and strong organisational skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to deal with all members of an organisation
· High school diploma, certificate in office management, business administration, or related field or equivalent