Do you want to work for a company that has expertise in epigenomics and biomarker discovery to help fight different diseases? If so, look no further…
As a NGS Scientist, you will be joining a fast-growing team to accelerate your career in a novel area of science.
Your skills will include:
· PhD (or previous commercial experience) in a relevant field
· A minimum of 2+ years of commercial or post-PhD experience working on NGS-based assay development.
· Experience in nucleic acid extraction, purification, quantification, and manipulation (with particular interest in circulating cell free nucleic acids)
· Detailed understanding of NGS techniques, including general molecular biology and nucleic acid biochemistry.
· Experience with next generation sequencing library preparation and QC (preparation of circulating biomolecules for sequencing)
· Knowledge on NGS data analysis pipelines and knowledge of published genomic and epigenomic reference databases
· Experience using PCR and qPCR
· In depth understanding of epigenomics and techniques associated (e.g. RRBS, ATAC-seq and WGBS) is desirable
· It would be a bonus if they had prior experience in biomarker discovery
· Molecular diagnostic assay development experience would be ideal in a FDA, LDT/CLIA, CE-IVD regulated environment
If the NGS Scientist role interests you, then please apply now. You can submit your CV. We will send you a confirmation of acknowledgement, and please note feedback can take up to 2 weeks. Upon successful selection for an interview, the process will occur in the following three stages:
First stage: This will be an initial telephone call with Life Science People
Second stage: Initial 30 mins call with the hiring manager
Final stage: One hour Microsoft teams interview with the hiring manager and the team
The NGS Scientist role is a full-time permanent position, paying up a competitive salary and benefits package. The company is based in Birmingham. Full details will be provided on application. In addition to a generous basic salary, the company offers a benefits package including annual holiday and stock options.