Life Science People are a strategic growth partner within the Life Sciences industry, providing bespoke services to the Life Science community from SMEs through to blue-chip organisations and sourcing the best talent to make a tangible contribution to global healthcare.
Life Science People are currently supporting an incredibly exciting, Y-Combinator funded start-up Biotech, aiming to transform drug discovery through the integrating of high throughput experimental biology, chemistry and machine learning to discover RNA - targeting therapies for human disease.
We are currently in the process of building the founding team, looking for a number of technical and scientific positions. You will be joining at a pivotal moment ahead of rapid company growth later this year and into 2022. The opportunity to join a business founded by an industry recognised scientific leader, within a pioneering field of science, alongside the opportunity to progress your career is on offer. We are looking for those with a desire to join a fast paced, fluid environment that will both be demanding yet incredible rewarding.
Reporting into the Scientific Leader, the Molecular Biologist will be responsible for leading biology programmes related to RNA. You will be working closely with machine learning and biological researchers to develop a new machine-learning strategy for the development of new medications, whilst building strong relationships with external stakeholders.
We are looking for:
- PhD in Molecular Biology or related field, with preference in RNA.
- Experience in molecular biology methods including, but not limited to, qRT-PCR, eCLIP, iSHAPE/SHAPE methods, ribosome profiling etc.
- Attention to detail and ability to design and develop high throughput screening technologies with focus on CRISPR screening.
- Experience in in-vitro assay development, experimental design in mammalian systems, and the study of RNA structure and function.
- Desire to work in small team.
- Independent, with strong communication and organisation skills, pro-active and a creative problem-thinker.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
If this role interests you, then please apply now. You can submit your CV and cover letter highlighting your expertise as an RNA Biologist. Successful candidates will be contacted in the next 48 hours and be processed through the 3-stage hiring process highlighted below.
- Stage 1: Screening call with Life Science People representative.
- Stage 2: Technical interview with CEO.
Further details will be disclosed on application and the process should take no longer than two weeks.
The Molecular Biologist role is a full-time permanent position, based in Canada or London with the flexibility of remote working. Full details will be provided on application.