Life Science People are a strategic growth partner within the Life Science industry, providing bespoke services to the life science community from SMEs through to blue-chip organisations and sourcing the best talent to make a tangible contribution to healthcare.
Life Science People are working with a Digital Healthcare company combining technology and ethically sourced patient data to help people everywhere receive better care. They develop clinically validated software applications which create clinician and patient benefit while providing highly curated data. They are looking to appoint a Medical Statistician to assist the business deliver on their mission to accelerate medical research and improve patient care.
They are looking for a Medical Statistician with a background in statistical modelling and familiar with managing and analysing real-world data in R. This Statistician will work closely with other Medical Statisticians, Epidemiologists, Health Informaticians and clinicians, as well as the opportunity to collaborate with the wider team of Machine Learning Researchers, Machine Learning Engineers and Data Scientists within the company.
If you are looking for an opportunity to develop yourself, and work for a company offering professional development and career growth opportunities then this could be the role for you.
- A postgraduate degree in statistics (or closely related subjects).
- Experience in statistical modelling including longitudinal data analysis and survival analyses.
- Experience in R.
- Experience in conducting analysis of observational/real-world medical research data.
- Independence and initiative to work unsupervised with excellent attention to detail.
- Interest in medical research (e.g. epidemiology, public health)
- Cross-disciplinary problem-solving and project-management skills.
- Ability to assimilate current statistical and mathematical literature on a topic and address investigations accordingly.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Experience or interest in statistical method development.
- Experience in causal inference or Bayesian methods.
- Experience working across a wide variety of different therapeutic areas.
- Familiarity with database languages, e.g. SQL.
- Documenting, maintaining and organising well-structured versions of the database schemas and data dictionaries.
If this Medical Statistician position interests you, then please apply now. You can submit your CV and cover letter highlighting your expertise as a Medical Statistician. We will send you a confirmation of acknowledgement, and please note feedback can take up to 2-3 weeks. Upon successful selection for an interview, the process will occur in the following three stages:
First stage: This will be an initial screening call with a Life Science People representative
Second stage: An initial phone call with the hiring manager to go through background and experience in relation to the role
Final Stage: This will be a final interview with key stakeholders within the business
The Medical Statistician role is a full-time permanent position, paying a competitive compensation package. Their office is based in Oxford, but welcome candidates who are looking for a remote working option. Full details will be provided on application.