Medical Director, UK and Ireland
West Sussex, (Fully remote)
Salary details available on discussion
My client is a growing global biopharmaceutical company with offices in 7 countries, due to a successful period of growth they are now looking to build a high-class team of accomplished individuals, specifically a Medical Director for the UK and Ireland as they progress their pipeline within rare diseases with numerous indications.
Do you want to work for a company who are delivering life-altering therapies for people living with rare diseases that are incredibly patient focussed? Are you looking for the opportunity to provide inspirational leadership, as well as implementing and overseeing performance and culture within the organisation? Then this is the role for you. With operations in the UK, US and Asia, this role really will give you the chance to make a tangible difference to patients that currently don't have many treatment options.
As a Medical Director for the UK and Ireland, you will be working in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to ensure strategic alignment and key deliverables are achieved. While acting as a company representative in regional forums and meetings, the Medical Director will be the primary point of contact for scientific queries from regulatory authorities, manage the UK MSL function, have overall responsibility for the execution of the Medical Affairs operational plan and provide medical, scientific expertise and leadership for the organisation.
Other aspects of the role include responsibility for enquires in relations to regional medical aspects, which include medical support for the progress of promotional documents, supporting advisory boards and local, regional and European congresses and symposia. Please note this role requires 50% UK travel as well as traveling to EU congresses when needed.
Overview of full skill requirements:
- UK Medical Signatory for Medical and Commercial MLR
- Support the organisation in maintaining a work environment focused on excellence and that fosters learning, respect, open communication, collaboration, integrity, teamwork, accountability, and passion.
- Manage the UK Medical Budget, manage vendors that support medical operations, Initiate engagement with key medical societies
- Define key processes required for the implementation of key tactics for the MSL's
- Support Field Medical Team for medical and scientific leader engagements.
- Oversight of congress calendar grid, congress activities, and deliverables
- Overseeing vendors that support medical operations
- Full responsibility for the UK medical budget
- Offering medical and scientific knowledge as well as leadership for commercial organisations
- Knowledge of rare disease and inflammation
- Management of the UK Medical Science Liaison's, responsible for execution of Medical Affairs operational plan
- KOL mapping and development of KOL deployment plans building relationally with KOL's
- Delivery of medical education plans and activities such as local advisory boards / round tables / 1:1 meetings / presence at local country congresses/ Journal Clubs/ NTM Tool Kit
- Delivery of local scientific publications and communications
- Development of Disease Awareness site - NTM Action
- Approval of all Medical Affairs activities and medical-marketing materials
If this role interests you, then please apply now. You can submit your CV and cover letter highlighting your expertise as a Medical Director by emailing .
The Medical Director role is a full-time permanent position. The successful individual is required to have the full right to work in the UK and travel without restrictions within the EU.