Medical Data Scientist
Life Science People are a strategic growth partner within the Life Science industry, providing bespoke services to the life science community from SMEs through to blue-chip organisations and sourcing the best talent to make a tangible contribution to healthcare.
Life Science People are working with a Digital Healthcare company combining technology and ethically sourced patient data to help people everywhere receive better care. They develop clinically validated software applications which create clinician and patient benefit while providing highly curated data. They are looking to appoint a Medical Data Scientist to assist the business deliver on their mission to accelerate medical research and improve patient care.
They are seeking a smart and adaptable Medical Data Scientist to join the Data Science team within their Discovery Sciences department. If you are looking for an opportunity to develop yourself, and work for a company offering professional development and career growth opportunities then this could be the role for you.
- Be passionate about the medical data from collection to interpretation
- MSc in Epidemiology, Healthcare Informatics, or in any field related to Health Data Science
- Conducting epidemiological studies (Prospective/retrospective cohort, case-control studies)
- Familiarity with Electronic Patient Records
- Understanding of Registry Data (e.g. Death, Cancer)
- Understanding of Data from publicly available datasets (e.g. UK Biobank)
- Data cleaning and wrangling
- Application of various statistical techniques to analyse health data (e.g. survival analyses)
- Extensive use of R, familiarity with SQL
If this Medical Data Scientist position interests you, then please apply now. You can submit your CV and cover letter highlighting your expertise as a Data Scientist. We will send you a confirmation of acknowledgement, and please note feedback can take up to 2-3 weeks. Upon successful selection for an interview, the process will occur in the following three stages:
First stage: This will be an initial screening call with a Life Science People representative
Second stage: An initial phone call with the hiring manager to go through background and experience in relation to the role
Final Stage: This will be a final interview with key stakeholders within the business
The Medical Data Scientist role is a full-time permanent position, paying a competitive compensation package. Their office is based in Oxford, but welcome candidates who are looking for a remote working option. Full details will be provided on application.