Medical Data Scientist
Location: Oxford, UK
Status: Full time-Permanent
Salary: Competitive + Company Share Option Scheme + Benefits
Do you enjoy data?
Do you have experience working in health-care/pharma?
Do you want to make a significant contribution to patient care?
A leading Biotechnology and Artificial Intelligence company is looking for a Medical Data Scientist, with a genuine passion for health-care, to join their discovery sciences team. The agile team is led by Clinical data science specialists, who use their clinical AI technology to analyse and detect hidden patterns in anonymised patient data, accelerating the research, development and commercialisation of new medicines. Alongside the AI technology, the company develops clinically validated digital health products, helping clinicians better deliver patient care, and gather vital data in support of next generation medical research.
- Implementing and updating the pipeline for data influx
- Understanding the medical data first-hand and how it can support developing valid clinical insights
- Extensive data cleaning and preparation for downstream analyses
- Modelling data entities useful for answering research questions
- Designing, carrying out, and interpreting epidemiological studies to address specific clinical questions
- Collaborating with a wide spectrum of professionals in the team: clinicians, data scientists, IT specialists, and Machine Learning
- Conduct epidemiological studies (Prospective/retrospective cohort, case-control studies)
- Minimum: MSc degree - preferably in Epidemiology, Health-care Informatics, or in any field related to Health Data Science
- Passionate about the medical data from collection to interpretation
- Familiarity with Electronic Patient Records
- Understanding of Registry Data (e.g. Death, Cancer)
- Understanding of Data from publicly available data-sets (e.g. UK Bio-bank)
- Data cleaning and wrangling
- Application of various statistical techniques to analyse health data (e.g. survival analyses)
- Extensive use of R or Python, familiarity with SQL
Who we are:
Launched in September 2020, Life Science people is a privately funded, fast growing, niche recruitment consultancy, with the UK's top Life Science recruitment specialists.
Our mission: To make a tangible impact on global health