Life Science People are a strategic growth partner within the Life Science industry, providing bespoke services to the life science community from SMEs through to blue-chip organisations and sourcing the best talent to make a tangible contribution to healthcare.
Life Science People are working with a Digital Healthcare company combining technology and ethically sourced patient data to help people everywhere receive better care. They develop clinically validated software applications which create clinician and patient benefit while providing highly curated data. They are currently looking to appoint a Machine Learning Engineer to apply state-of-the-art ML technologies to medical data. You will help deliver on one of their biggest, and most transformational projects yet.
They are seeking a Machine Learning Engineer with a genuine passion for healthcare to join the team and support towards the businesses goal and ongoing contribution to the development of healthcare. If you are looking for an opportunity to develop yourself, and work for a company offering professional development and career growth opportunities then this could be the role for you.
- Substantial previous experience in designing, developing and deploying production-grade applications
- A track record of architecting clean abstractions, driving technical decision-making, and setting priorities in collaboration with external and internal stakeholders
- Strong software development background with Python and other languages, and willingness to pick up new languages or technologies as needed
- Hands-on experience using one of the following deep learning libraries: TensorFlow, PyTorch or similar
- Valuing well-documented, clean, and tested code
- Experience with continuous integration (e.g. CircleCI, GitlabCI, GitHub Actions)
- Mastery of source control and code versioning tools such as Git and GitHub
- Packaging and deploying applications using Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience as a developer in an agile software development team
- Can-do-attitude, keen on taking ownership and working with the team on solving engineering challenges.
- Substantial experience with a cloud environment and provisioning resources for ML training/deployment (desirable Azure ML experience)
- Experience of analysing clinical/healthcare data
- Previous experience in a research environment
If this Machine Learning Engineer position interests you, then please apply now. You can submit your CV and cover letter highlighting your expertise as an ML Engineer. We will send you a confirmation of acknowledgement, and please note feedback can take up to 2-3 weeks. Upon successful selection for an interview, the process will occur in the following three stages:
First stage: This will be an initial screening call with a Life Science People representative
Second stage: An initial phone call with the hiring manager to go through background and experience in relation to the role
Final Stage: This will be a final interview with key stakeholders within the business
The Machine Learning Engineer role is a full-time permanent position, paying a competitive compensation package. Their office is based in Oxford, but welcome candidates who are looking for a remote working option. Full details will be provided on application.