Life Science People are a strategic growth partner within the Life Science industry, providing bespoke services to the life science community from SMEs through to blue-chip organisations and sourcing the best talent to make a tangible contribution to healthcare.
We are working with a revolutionary Biotech company working on new types of antibody discovery and accelerating drug development. They work at the intersection of structural biology, machine learning and medicine to facilitate the occurrence of breakthroughs more quickly and more cost effective. They are looking to appoint a Machine Learning Engineer who will contribute to the company's aspirations to change the course of people's lives through engineering the future of drug development.
If you are looking for the opportunity to develop yourself, a team and a department then this could be just the role for you. With excellent development opportunities and the chance to be part of one of the best biotech startups in the UK, now really is the time to get in contact to explore this opportunity further.
Skills and Experience:
- Machine Learning
- Python and TensorFlow/PyTorch
- Familiarity with software engineering practices such as version control and code review
- Scaling pipelines on cloud infrastructure
- Strong skills in problem solving, planning, documentation, and organisation
- Capacity to self-direct: proactively seeking and absorbing new information; generating ideas, testing and reassessing them; asking for help where appropriate
- Communicating and discussing all the above
- Flexibility - able to wear multiple hats
- Respect for, and work and communicate well with others
- Good knowledge of proteins/biochemistry/drug discovery, or aptitude for picking it up quickly
- Experience with AWS: administration, scaling, security etc
- Experience working in any major public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with tracking of datasets, models and experiments
- Experience with CI/CD and testing, particularly for ML projects
Salary range: £35-45K per annum + share options