Machine Learning Engineer
Location: Oxford, UK
Status: Full time - Permanent
Salary: Competitive + Company Share Option Scheme + Benefits
Do you have experience working with Machine Learning technologies?
Do you want to make a significant contribution to patient care?
A leading Biotechnology and Artificial Intelligence company is looking for a Machine Learning Engineer with a genuine passion for healthcare, to join their discovery sciences team. The agile team is led by Clinical specialists, who use their clinical AI technology to analyse and detect hidden patterns in anonymised patient data, accelerating the research, development and commercialisation of new medicines. Their aim is to drive the next generation of innovation for better patient outcomes, whilst harnessing some of the industry's most progressive AI approaches. This is centred on data-efficient machine learning (ML) algorithms.
- Building and implementing Data Science and ML solutions to provide actionable intelligence to support business decision-making within life sciences.
- Support and guide other researchers on best practices in programming through all stages of project development.
- Help develop robust model training and data infrastructure to support continuous optimisation of ML-driven approaches.
- Publish research results in national and international conferences and scientific journals.
- Higher university degree (MSc or PhD) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics with focus on AI, ML or data science.
- Practical experience in ML in research and development projects
- Experience building data solutions incrementally, integrating and managing data sets from multiple sources.
- Solid programming experience in one or more general purpose programming language: Python, R, Scala, etc
- (desirable) hands-on experience using one of the following deep learning libraries: Tensorflow, PyTorch or similar.
- (desirable) experience of analysing clinical/healthcare data is a bonus
Who we are:
Launched in September 2020, Life Science people is a privately funded, fast growing, niche recruitment consultancy, with the UK's top Life Science recruitment specialists.
Our mission: To make a tangible impact on global health