Lead Product Designer
About the company
Serving millions of patients and thousands of healthcare professionals every day, our client is a leader in Health Tech. Their consumer app has been downloaded by 2M patients across the UK and their B2B products are supporting England's primary care industry daily.
Across this network their digital solutions enable data driven patient engagement, personalised online consultation powered by machine learning and patient support to people living with diabetes, hypertension, and epilepsy. Their aim is to simplify healthcare access and transform it in the UK and beyond.
About the role
Our client is looking for a Lead Product Designer (UX/UI) to drive their core consumer and business products forward. Whichever product you work on, the impact and remit of this role is huge.
If you are looking for a big problem to solve, make a real difference and drive positive outcomes in a fast-growing market, then this role is for you.
- You will be embedded in a cross-functional product squad and will be responsible for all designs produced, from initial discovery and user journey mapping through to the execution of final UI design details.
- You will understand and deeply care about the customers you're designing for; be it conducting user research, tapping into existing insights, analysing data, or running your initiative to ensure we ship the right thing to the right customer.
- You will collaborate with product team and the stakeholders efficiently and effectively. You will work with PMs, Developers, Data analysts, Marketeers and Clinical experts to ensure the design process is inclusive and they are increasing the product IQ.
- You will develop a scalable design system from scratch. Their apps are delivering great value to their customers, and they're loved by them, but there's a massive opportunity for you to create a cohesive look and feel across the product portfolio and make sure they're delightful to use.
- You will craft 21st century, simple and intuitive products to deliver amazing experiences by understanding the best practices and knowing what is expected from today's consumer. Where necessary however, you will need to make scoping trade-offs based on technical constraints or clinical risk.
- You will drive and champion design thinking and raise the bar for design at our client's company. This role will play a key role in establishing modern design principles and approaches and will set a new benchmark in the business and in the industry.
- You are passionate about inclusive design and accessibility, and you'll design with all their users in mind.
- You will run user testing sessions and never make critical design decisions without validating with them first!
- 4+ years' experience as a UX/UI Designer
- Experience of designing Web and Mobile Apps (B2C).
- Hands-on experience with user research tools and techniques.
- Experience with A/B testing and Multivariate testing tools like Optimizely.
- Confident in presenting designs and prototypes to senior stakeholders.
- Ability to work with distributed teams in different locations.
- Experience delivering within an Agile framework.
- Experience working in HealthTech, eCommerce or Marketplace companies.
- Copy writing skills (we believe good writing is part of good design)
- Previous experience mentoring designers.
- You've led the design of world-class product launches in a fast-growing company before.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Birthday off
- An annual individual training budget of up to £1000
- Free breakfast
- Life insurance
- In-office pool table and conveniently located Hammersmith office
- Company Share Option Scheme, Travel Loan Scheme and Contribution towards a monthly fitness activity (on passing probation)
[Note: They do not have a sponsorship license and cannot accept applications from people who do not have the right to work in the UK]