Do you want to work for a organisation that is a dynamic and inventive global player in early phase research? If so, this may be the role for you.
As a Laboratory Manager you will have a background in immunology, virology or infectious diseases and previous project management experience, working to GCP and MHRA standards. The Laboratory Manager will join a function that undertakes sample processing and analysis for all clinical trials, whilst conducting bespoke assay development and validation activities. You will work part of a diverse work stream including internal studies, clinical trials and standalone projects, whilst managing a team.
Reporting to the Laboratory Operations Director, your role will include:
- Ensure a project and staffing work schedule is maintained, coordinating laboratory time and equipment requirements across all projects and laboratory activities.
- Participate in Laboratory Health and Safety compliance. Proactively reviews risk assessments/COSHHs to ensure they are up to date.
- Review Lab SOPs and other regulatory documents regularly to ensure their scientific robustness and/or that changes in regulatory guidelines are reflected.
- Initiate and lead process improvements initiatives to enhance the efficiency and the quality of the work performed.
- Maintain compliance with Good Clinical Practice, all relevant SOPs, to company standards and guidelines.
- Provide training and mentoring to staff to facilitate staff development and to ensure that the required skills are available to meet the business needs.
- Participate in reviewing resource requirements and notify line manager proactively when additional staff are required.
- Establish competency requirements, development plans and performance objectives for staff.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Life Science Degree in relevant scientific subject (2:1 or above preferable) or equivalent.
- Background in Virology, Immunology or Infectious Diseases
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Previous experience working to GCP standards and MHRA standards in a clinical trial environment.
- Experience working within a CRO or pharmaceutical company.
- Line management experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player that works well under pressure and can motivate others.
If this role interests you, then please apply now. You can submit your CV and cover letter highlighting your expertise as a Laboratory Manager. We will send you a confirmation of acknowledgement, and please note feedback can take up to 2-3 weeks. Upon successful selection for an interview, the process will occur in the following three stages:
First stage: This will be an initial screening call with a Life Science People representative
Final stage: A video call with the hiring manager - Laboratory Operations Director and TA Representative to go through your background and experience in relation to the role
The Laboratory Manager role is a full-time permanent position, paying up a competitive salary & benefits package. You will be based on site in one of their facilities in their London office. Full details will be provided on application. In addition to a generous basic salary, the company offers the following benefits package:
- Medical Insurance
- Travel Allowance
- Annual Holiday