Junior Machine Learning Researcher
Location: Oxford, UK
Status: Full time - Permanent
Salary: Competitive + Company Share Option Scheme + Benefits
Do you have experience working with Machine Learning technologies?
Do you want to make a significant contribution to patient care?
A leading Health Technology and Artificial Intelligence company is looking for a Junior Machine Learning Researcher with a genuine passion for health care, to join their discovery sciences team. The agile team is led by clinical specialists, who use their AI technology to analyse and detect hidden patterns in anonymised patient data, accelerating the research, development and commercialisation of new medicines. Their aim is to drive the next generation of innovation for better patient outcomes, whilst harnessing some of the industry's most progressive AI approaches. This is centred on data-efficient machine learning (ML) algorithms.
- Building and implementing Machine Learning (ML) solutions to provide accurate, timely, and actionable intelligence to support business decision-making within life sciences
- Support and guide other researchers in learning about, applying and delivering product features driven by ML techniques.
- Help develop robust model training and data infrastructure to support continuous optimisation of ML-driven approaches.
- Publish research results in national and international conferences and scientific journals.
- MSc/PhD degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning or a related quantitative field
- Hands-on experience using machine learning
- Expert coding skills (Python, C++ are a plus)
- Strong academic and research track record demonstrated through publication of papers in top scientific conferences and/or journals.
- Hands-on experience using one of the following deep learning libraries: Tensorflow, PyTorch, Theano or similar.
- Experience of analysing clinical/health care data is considered a bonus
Who we are:
Launched in September 2020, Life Science people is a privately funded, fast growing, niche recruitment consultancy, with the UK's top Life Science recruitment specialists.
Our mission: To make a tangible impact on global health
To apply to this role, and for further information please email