The company unites technology with human intelligence to re-engineer drug discovery and deliver life-changing medicines. They have developed a drug discovery platform built on powerful data foundations with state-of-the-art machine learning and AI technology. Our technology empowers scientists to decipher the vast and complex code underlying human biology, find new ways to treat disease and personalise medicines to patients. The company has active in-house R&D drug programmes in disease areas such as neurodegeneration, immunology, oncology and inflammation and has research and commercial collaborations with leading pharmaceutical and research organisations. The company is headquartered in London with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and a further office in New York.
Who they are?
Their mission is to re-engineer drug discovery and deliver life-changing medicines for patients in need and they do this by applying AI, machine learning and other advanced technologies to reinvent the ways drugs are discovered and developed. We strive to bring together unique skills and perspectives across biology, chemistry, engineering, AI research, informatics, precision medicine and drug discovery.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the company's In Vivo team. They are currently expanding their in vivo pharmacology group and looking for an experienced in vivo scientist to join their high functioning team. This will be a hands-on role where you will apply your technical skills to directly contribute to the progress of their expanding portfolio of projects. Working collaboratively within the in vivo team the candidate will apply their scientific and technical expertise to delivering in vivo efficacy, PK and PD studies.
- You will provide hands-on laboratory-based studies supporting projects across the portfolio, helping to generate data in the lab to support their AI-generated therapeutic hypotheses.
- You will carry out in vivo biological experiments which could include dosing by multiple routes of administration, behavioural testing, ex vivo sample collection and tissue processing, surgical cannulation, and assisting with disease models.
- You'll share your results with the rest of the team and beyond through written reports and oral presentations and you may also contribute to writing scientific publications or patent applications.
- Participate in coordinating and running pharmacokinetic/ADME studies.
- Running animal models across a range of therapy areas.
- Surgical preparation of animals.
- Behavioural assessment.
- Familiarity with ASPA and an understanding of animal welfare is essential
- Good working knowledge of how in vivo pharmacology fits into the drug discovery process would be advantageous
- An in-depth understanding of a therapy area such as neuroscience, oncology, metabolic diseases, drug safety etc would be useful.
- As a key part of the in vivo team, you'll have the opportunity to work closely with others from areas such as AI/machine learning, medicinal chemistry and in vitro pharmacology to design and coordinate study designs and experimental plans.
We are looking for someone with
- Current Personal Home Office Licence (modules 1-4/A-C) essential.
- Life science degree/postgraduate degree (desirable) or animal technology diploma with experience (essential).
- Good working knowledge of how in vivo pharmacology fits into the drug discovery process would be advantageous.
- An understanding of a therapy area such as neuroscience, oncology, metabolic diseases, drug safety etc would be valuable.
- Wide experience of successfully working in multi-disciplinary drug discovery & development teams - excellent communication skills, flexible style and a real team player.
- Evidence of creative thinking to use novel approaches to move projects to important decision points quickly and efficiently.