The client which is a global health technology firm is looking for a self-motivated and experienced HR and Recruitment Assistant to support their HR department.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with the onboarding of employees, including adding them to the HRIS System, uploading personnel documents, conducting right to work checks, organising first days etc.
- Conduct new starter inductions when needed.
- Manage Health & Safety for the Company.
- Create and maintain all employee personnel files, ensuring archiving of leavers and cleansing of information held in line with the Data Protection Act.
- Work with other departments to manage and maintain training site.
- Assist in administering US payroll.
- Obtaining references, posting job adverts, organising interviews, and maintaining the Careers email inbox.
- Conduct screening calls of candidates.
- Create "how to" guides for processes within the HR department e.g., adding an employee to payroll.
- Involvement in managing employee rewards and benefits.
- Provide cover for colleagues as directed by line manager.
- Follow good information governance practice throughout this job role and ensure compliance with information security and data protection policies in all applicable assigned tasks.
- This list of duties is not exhaustive, and the post holder may be asked to carry out other duties through discussion with their line manager.
Educated to A-level standard.
Skills and abilities
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Able to quickly learn and efficiently use company systems, comfortable with technology, able to analyse and report on data, update and maintain information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels.
- Works effectively with others and recognises the value of differing contributions.
- Remains calm under pressure and maintains performance.
- Organised and able to manage workload and time to meet deadlines. Focuses on key priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Sound knowledge of employment legislation.
- Awareness of the importance of confidentiality and knowledge of data protection and information security guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety practices.
- Proven experience working within a similar role.
- Involvement in the recruitment process.
- Experience in a venture capital-backed start-up
- Using a HRIS/HRMS.
- Using applicant tracking systems.
- Adaptability - adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with change.
- Self-motivating/drive and determination - keeps work rate up unsupervised; finds things to do and keeps going.
- Committed to service improvement.
- Interest in specialising in learning and development or recruitment.