Head of Strategy & Operations
Life Science People are a strategic growth partner within the Life Science industry providing bespoke services to the life science community from SMEs through to blue chip organisations and sourcing the best talent to make a tangible contribution to healthcare.
Life Science People is retained exclusively with a start-up Biotech specialising in developing innovative therapeutic solutions in rare and auto-immune diseases.
- Member of the Leadership Team (LT) reporting to the CEO, serving as a thought-partner and trusted advisor on business, organisational, and operational strategies/solutions
- Understand the strategic, big picture priorities while managing the detailed execution of deliverables
- Organise and prioritise critical issues and required information for the CEO to facilitate efficient decision making
- Serve as a spokesperson and advocate for the leadership team for both internal and external stakeholders
- Partner with the IR & Communications Director to shape messaging and implement communications for the organisation on behalf of the LT
- Work across teams to ensure all parts of the organisations are aligned with company objectives - facilitating resolution of issues relating to projects, priorities, and team dynamics
- Drive cross-functional initiatives and support the various leadership teams across Hub & Spoke. Lead the business ops manager team as the organisation grows
- Demonstrate creativity, independence, and initiative in resolving issues
- Lead development of frameworks and internal processes for evaluating new & existing targets and programs
- Facilitate development of yearly strategic plans and budgets
- Source, evaluate, and structure in-licensing opportunities, academic collaborations, and early-stage investments
- Approximately 2 years of working experience in a corporate strategy position within a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
- Proven track record on interacting with Senior Management in a highly sensitive and collaborative to agree the Group's strategic direction.
- Proven ability to clearly convey information and instructions, which will determine the effectiveness with which strategies are executed across the Group
- Experience of building appropriate and effective networks, locally and Group-wide for the benefit of our communities
- Excellent communication skills for the delivery of regular reports for the business's leadership, which must be easily digestible, unambiguous, engaging, informative and convincing.
- Demonstrate ability to perform standard analyses such as performance analyses, competitive analyses, market analyses, etc.
- Extensive experience in the development and implementation of policy
- Leading, coaching and managing employees
- Evidence of success in a result driven environment
- Strong presentational and influencing skills
For further information please contact Harpreet Heir