Life Science People are a strategic growth partner within the Life Science industry providing bespoke services to the life science community from SMEs through to blue chip organisations and sourcing the best talent to make a tangible contribution to healthcare.
Life Science People is retained exclusively with a start-up Biotech specialising in developing innovative therapeutic solutions in rare and auto-immune diseases.
The Head of People will lead on the development and delivery of the site HR strategy and provide operational support on all people-related matters in line with business priorities and objectives.
Entrepreneurial; excited by new challenges and not intimidated, but instead invigorated by the ambiguity and risks associated with an 'early-stage' endeavour.
A predisposition to roll-up-the-sleeves and personally engage in the work at hand; comfortable working in the resource-constrained, fast-paced environment of early-stage companies.
- Developing and implementing HR initiatives in line with organisational objectives
- Serve as primary liaison for all HR compliance related matters as well as recruitment
- Leading the organisation's HR departments, including talent acquisition, learning and development, employee engagement, compensation and benefits, talent management HR information systems (HRIS) and financial planning of the department
- Liaising directly with the executive board and being accountable for the performance of the HR function and the departments within it, as well as providing strategic counsel on all people matters
- Contributing to long-term goals around business and people development, including succession planning and all talent acquisition
- Developing company wellbeing, health, and counselling policies
- Leading the analysis of employee feedback and data, with the aim of creating a better working environment and engaged culture
- Creating and managing the HR department's annual budget
- Taking oversight of the company's culture
- Global responsibility for the organisation's talent functions and culture
- Remain cognisant of employment laws and update employee handbook accordingly
- BSc or MSc in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field/
- At least 10+ years (or equivalent) in human resource management experience required.
- Solid generalist experience in a Management or 'Head of' position within HR
- CIPD qualified
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organisations HRIS and talent management systems.
- Experience of driving HR initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership and influencing capabilities
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organisation and employees.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.