My client combines technology and ethically sourced patient data to help people everywhere get better care. To do this, they have created a unique partnership with the NHS that unlocks the value of clinical data for research while safeguarding patient privacy. Their products include vital-signs monitoring in hospitals and patient-to-clinician apps to support self-care and remote monitoring of gestational diabetes and chronic diseases such as COPD and heart failure.
They are looking for an experienced, proactive, self-directed and enthusiastic Head of Cyber Defence to help them enable the business to deliver on their mission to accelerate medical research and improve patient care.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) as the Head of Cyber Defence, you will be responsible for enhancing my clients cyber resilience to ensure information assets and business operations are safeguarded against modern threats. You will work with senior leaders across the business, and relevant third parties, in order to assess and communicate risk as well as directing the security effort. The role should focus on elevating the security capability and awareness across people, process and technology, acting as a champion for the cyber security programme. To help achieve your strategic vision, it will be necessary to develop, manage and mentor a high performing team of cyber security professionals who are proficient in key areas such as cloud, network, systems and application security, to directly support the organisation's technology roadmap.
- Develop and implement an effective security strategy that focuses on cyber resilience.
- Build a cyber defence operations function and a team of skilled security professionals, both direct and in the business, that are proficient in security detection and response, as well as implementing key security controls.
- Ensure security is embedded in the business with ownership and accountability clearly defined
- Be the primary point of contact for threat response and ensuring the company is able to respond
- Implement security controls related to threat protection, detection, response and simulation.
- Champion the cyber security programme and foster a security-aware culture.
- Develop cyber security training strategies to enhance knowledge across all departments.
- Ensure continuous security improvement through research and development, as well as attending conferences, webinars and collaborating with external partners.
- Oversee and implement both offensive and defensive operations to ensure the organisation has the necessary capabilities in place to prevail against cyber-attacks.
- Prepare threat intelligence briefings and monitor the external environment to ensure relevant stakeholders are informed on required courses of action to protect the business.
- Partner with QARA to ensure governance, risk, compliance and regulatory standards are met.
- Ensure a baseline level of security proficiency and policy adherence across relevant departments.
- 10+ Years' experience working in the information security industry.
- Knowledge and proficiency in both offensive and defensive security operations.
- Experience in driving strategy and improvement across the enterprise.
- Deep technical knowledge of adversarial tactics, techniques and procedures as well as required countermeasures to protect the business and communicate risk effectively.
- Relevant degree and/or certifications desired.
- Company share option scheme
- 5% employer matched salary sacrifice Pension scheme
- Life Assurance & Income protection
- A range of health, wealth and lifestyle benefit plans including BUPA, Gym and holiday trade options
- Electric Vehicles & Cycle to work schemes
- Proactive career development planning