Our client combines technology and ethically sourced patient data to enable better care for everyone. They have created a unique partnership with the NHS that unlocks the value of clinical data for research while safeguarding patient privacy. Alongside this, our client develops clinically validated software applications that create clinician and patient benefit while providing highly curated data. Their products include vital-signs monitoring in hospitals and patient-to-clinician apps to support self-care and remote monitoring of gestational diabetes and chronic diseases such as COPD and heart failure.
Our client uses proprietary clinical AI technology to analyse ethically sourced, clinically curated, anonymised patient data to solve serious unmet medical needs across a wide range of therapeutic areas, enabling a new approach to clinical trial design, drug discovery, development, and post-marketing surveillance.
About Data Engineering and Insights:
Our client is a small, young team looking for exceptional, hands on ETL/Data Engineer to help us to deliver on one of our biggest, and most transformational projects yet.
Working to an agile methodology, our client is building world leading data platforms and delivering on their mission to accelerate medical research and improve patient care.
The Data Engineer will provide hands-on data engineering and best practice support across our client's departments and customers.
You'll be responsible for building and maintaining ETL pipelines in SQL, Python and R, ensuring the performance and operations of data infrastructure, data products and data APIs, as well as designing and implementing new solutions for the data team and wider business. You will become the subject matter expert in the organisation and able to keep up to date with emerging tools and technologies.
- Lead the way in defining architecture and pipelines for data engineering and ETL projects
- Proactively hands-on, always developing, running, enhancing data pipelines, and proactively seeking ways to improve
- Review and analyse data to ensure data quality and alignment with our Common Data Model (CDM)
- Review and manage the end-to-end ETL lifecycle
- Implement and maintain best practices for software engineering
- Define and build data objects in Azure to facilitate the flow of data across the business in the most efficient and sustainable method possible
- Liaise and collaborate with other departments, helping them to meet their business, data engineering, and ETL manipulation requirements
- Provide technical leadership to other ETL/Data Engineers
- Strong hands-on experience with SQL, T-SQL, R and Python and experience with ETL pipelines in Azure
- Knowledge and experience in designing, building and running data engineering projects in Azure (using, for example, Data Factory, Event Grid, Azure Storage)
- Advanced skills in ETL pipelines, data warehousing and analytics frameworks including PostgreSQL, Azure SQL and MySQL
- Experience of automating pipelines and container orchestration with AKS, App Service, service fabric, etc.
- Experience of building infrastructure with ARM templates or equivalent
- Knowledge of optimisation technologies (profiling, indexing, routine maintenance, server configuration, file structures etc)
- Knowledge, exposure and experience with Numpy, Pandas, Dask, Modin, Ray, Tidyverse, d(b)plyr
- Strong understanding and experience of the entire software development lifecycle, to include Agile, Git, CI/CD
- Extensive experience identifying and solving problems in databases, data processes, or data services, as they occur
- Familiarity and experience with medical data
- Hands on experience with Mongo DB, Neo4js
- Understanding of *NIX OS, it's concepts and microservices
- Communication: You can discuss technical issues at all levels of the business and provide clear presentations of technical work.
- Technical: You will be a data geek! One who enjoys seeing value and insight derived from data; you will be a technology and cloud enthusiast, who embraces new ideas and processes, yet keeps a keen eye on delivery and providing value.
- Company shares option scheme
- 5% employer matched salary sacrifice Pension scheme
- Life Assurance & Income protection
- A range of health, wealth and lifestyle benefit plans including BUPA, Gym and holiday trade options
- Electric Vehicles & Cycle to work schemes
- Proactive career development