Life Science People are a strategic growth partner within the Life Science industry, providing bespoke services to the life science community from SMEs through to blue-chip organisations and sourcing the best talent to make a tangible contribution to healthcare.
Life Science People are working with a Digital Healthcare company dedicated to women's health. They've developed an app which use Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, and medical expert advice to support women during their entire reproductive cycle, including the start of menstruation predictions, preparation for contraception, pregnancy, early motherhood, and menopause. They provide curated cycle and ovulation tracking, personalised health insights, expert tips, and a private community to share any questions or concerns.
They are looking to appoint an experienced Data Scientist Lead to help guide and grow the foundation team. You will lead a team of Machine Learning engineers and contribute to the product ML strategy and roadmap.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in any combination of leading technology teams and working on machine learning problems.
- Demonstrated experience with NLP, personalisation and/or recommendation engines.
- Solid understanding of the ML fundamentals.
- High-performance engineering mindset and experience working with the brightest engineers in the field.
- A background in computer science or a closely related engineering discipline.
- The ability to communicate complex ideas effectively with technical and non-technical team members alike.
- PhD in computer science or a closely related engineering discipline.
- Experience at the tier 1 product company or related experience working within the product organisation.
- Experience with the ML adoption in regulated industries (finance, health).
- Experience with the health domain.
If this Data Science Lead position interests you, then please apply now. You can submit your CV and cover letter highlighting your expertise as a Data Scientist. We will send you a confirmation of acknowledgement, and please note feedback can take up to 2-3 weeks. Upon successful selection for an interview, the process will occur in the following three stages:
First stage: This will be an initial screening call with a Life Science People representative
Second stage: An initial phone call with the hiring manager to go through background and experience in relation to the role
Final Stage: This will be a final interview with key stakeholders within the business
This Data Science Lead role is a full-time permanent position, paying a competitive compensation package. Their office is based in London, but welcome candidates who are looking for a fully remote working option. Full details will be provided on application.