Do you want to work for a company that has a unique offering in artificial intelligence? Would you like to work in an environment where your work can accelerate medical research and improve patient care through analysing and commercialising real-world evidence? If so, this may be the role for you.
We are looking for a Clinical Director who is a qualified Medical Doctor with an understanding and value of real-world data in clinical development and a strong background in Oncology or Cardiology to help establish the clinical rationale for the research and precise patient benefit delivery. The Medical Director will be working closely with multi-disciplinary teams and be the subject matter expert for all the clinical development focus projects whilst interacting with pharmaceutical and clinical partners.
Reporting to the Managing Director (Life Science), your role will include:
Responsibilities and Accomplishments include:
- Managing and developing both existing and new clinical activities with pharmaceutical partners during commercial projects, ensuring clinical rigour and delivering commercial success.
- Liaison with clinicians and Trusts to define project plans, frameworks and outlines, using biological know-how and expertise
- Provide Clinical leadership expertise to Pharmaceutical and Clinical partners, developing trusted relationships as a subject matter expert.
- Work internally with a dynamic team of machine learning and computational biologists to address clinically relevant questions.
- Manage a small team of clinicians to deliver clinical expertise on commercial projects
- Act as the Cardiology or Oncology lead and expert for the company
- Work with the data science team to write project reports and determine the biological-scientific direction of projects
- Oversight of processed data sets, seeking fresh clinical insight from previously untapped patient groups and translating these findings into publications or research ideas.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Medical Degree (MBChB or equivalent)
- Current GMC registration is preferred
- Considerable expertise gained within the pharmaceutical or clinical trials sector, preferably in a Clinical Leadership or final signatory capacity.
- Highly experienced in molecular oncology / Cardiology / translational science
- Additional post-graduate qualifications in a relevant field highly desirable
- Extensive experience in managing commercial development projects from a Clinical perspective
- Understanding of how analysis of longitudinal, high dimensional clinical data (either from EHRs or clinical trials) can lead to patient benefit or impact on the drug discovery and development pathway
- An understanding of how machine learning techniques applied to longitudinal data from EHRs can be used for various stages along with the drug discovery and development pathway would be highly beneficial
- Working with large RWE/EPR datasets (rather than just clinical study data) would be advantageous.
- Experience working with anonymised patient data and epidemiological longitudinal observational data in an academic or commercial setting
- Experience in handling and analysing longitudinal discrete and continuous data at the individual patient level
- Experience in providing biological-scientific direction and insight on projects and translating findings into publications or research ideas
If this role interests you, then please apply now. You can submit your CV and cover letter highlighting your expertise as a Clinical Director. We will send you a confirmation of acknowledgement, and please note feedback can take up to 2-3 weeks. Upon successful selection for an interview, the process will occur in the following three stages:
First stage: This will be an initial screening call with a Life Science People representative
Second stage: An initial phone call with the hiring manager - Managing Director to go through background and experience in relation to the role
Final Stage: This will be a final interview with key stakeholders within the business and may require a short presentation
The Clinical Director role is a full-time permanent position, paying up a competitive salary & benefits package. You will be based remotely from home even when the restrictions lift. Full details will be provided on application. In addition to a generous basic salary, the company offers the following benefits package:
- Company share option scheme
- 5% employer matched Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- A range of health, wealth and lifestyle benefit plans, including BUPA, Gym and holiday trade options
- Cycle to work schemes
- Proactive career development planning
- Income Protection