About the Company
Life Science People are currently supporting an incredibly exciting, Y-Combinator funded start-up Biotech, aiming to transform drug discovery through the integrating of high throughput experimental biology, chemistry and machine learning to discover RNA - targeting therapies for human disease.
We are currently in the process of building the founding team, looking for a number of technical and scientific positions. You will be joining at a pivotal moment ahead of rapid company growth later this year and into 2022. The opportunity to join a business founded by an industry recognised scientific leader, within a pioneering field of science, alongside the opportunity to progress your career is on offer. We are looking for those with a desire to join a fast paced, fluid environment that will both be demanding yet incredible rewarding.
The Cheminformatics Data Scientist will champion the scientific and technical development of the cheminformatics pipelines within the company, working closely with the biologists and influencing experimental designs, chemistry selection and progression of chemistry programs. You will develop novel machine learning workflows that will have immediate impact on the organisations drug discovery pipelines.
We are looking for someone with:
- A MSc/PhD in the field of Cheminformatics, Computational Chemistry, Molecular Modelling or a closely related field.
- Understanding of machine learning, state of the art ChemAI/Cheminformatics toolkits and chemical representations for machine learning. Familiarity with feature engineering and feature importance is a plus.
- Experience in generative models for chemical synthesis planning is a plus
- Commercial experience or post-doctoral experience is a plus
- A solid understanding of chemical descriptors and property predictors (morgan fingerprints, other representations for chemical compounds), including their appropriate application and potential pitfalls.
- Prior experience with implementing in-silico compound screening, compound library design, QSAR, docking, virtual screening, and analysis, or multi-parameter optimisation.
- Good skills in at least one programming language, preferably Python.
- Creative, problem solving skills
- Desire to work in a small team, remote environment and adjusts quickly to changing priorities
Please submit your CV or get in touch with Max Eldridge at Life Science People to register your interest.
The position can be based in either Toronto or the UK (London area preferable).