Life Science People are a strategic growth partner within the Life Sciences industry, providing bespoke services to the Life Science community from SMEs through to blue-chip organisations and sourcing the best talent to make a tangible contribution to global healthcare.
Life Science People are currently supporting an incredibly exciting, Y-Combinator funded start-up Cell & Gene Therapy Biotech, aiming to transform drug discovery by pioneering a new class of non-viral DNA/RNA therapies to treat rare diseases. We are currently in the process of building the founding team, looking for a number of technical and scientific positions. You will be joining at a pivotal moment ahead of rapid company growth later this year and into 2022. The opportunity to join a business founded by industry recognised scientific leaders, within a pioneering field of science, alongside the opportunity to progress your career is on offer. We are looking for those with a desire to join a fast paced, fluid environment that will both be demanding yet incredible rewarding.
Reporting into the CSO, the Cell Biologist will be responsible for enhancing the technology and continue to develop next generation DNA/RNA therapies for life-threatening diseases. The successful candidate will be a highly innovative and driven individual with experience in DNA/RNA delivery vector development.
We are looking for:
- PhD in Cell Biology or related field, with preference in nucleic acid therapy.
- Experience in molecular biology methods including, but not limited to, qRT-PCR, western blots, flow cytometry, FACs, mammalian cell culture etc.
- Experience in in-vitro assay development for low and high throughput drug screening.
- Independent, with strong communication and organisation skills, pro-active and a creative problem-thinker with ability to interpret complex data and findings.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with microfluidics.
- Solid publication record
- Experience in bioinformatics and programming languages (Python and/or R)
- 2+ years industry experience
If this role interests you, then please apply now. You can submit your CV and cover letter highlighting your expertise as a Cell Biologist. Successful candidates will be contacted in the next 48 hours and be processed through the 4-stage hiring process highlighted below.
- Stage 1:Screening call with Life Science People representative.
- Stage 2:Technical interview with CSO.
- Stage 3: Technical interview with CEO
- Stage 4: Presentation to CEO & CSO on a given Cell Biology topic.
Further details will be disclosed on application and the process should take no longer than two weeks.
The Cell Biologist role is a full-time permanent position, based in London.