The client is an organisation that uses technology as a way to remove any barriers that could prevent someone accessing the help that they need. Through the platform, users can go online and access effective therapies and wellbeing strategies to manage their mental health in a safe and anonymous way. This fills a vital gap in current mental health provision.
The job offers you the chance to be part of a caring community that is at the forefront of digital mental health and wellbeing. You will be helping to provide people with access to immediate and often crucial support.
To develop excellent relationships across Public Sector organisations and win new contracts for online counselling and support services for workforces.
We are looking for a driven and passionate Business Development Manager who will immerse themselves in promoting the amazing outcomes that the client's services deliver. These positions will play an essential part in the company's growth strategy in our platform.
- Promotes the work of our services for Public Sector organisations' workforce to develop new sales opportunities for growth and expansion across the sector
- Delivers a high impact service to the company which achieves or over exceeds the majority of the metrics included in the pipeline and forecast model, including accepted opportunity quota, conversion to pipeline, pipeline value, conversion to deal and closed won ARR
- Understands the company's market and builds a network of customers within the NHS, Local and Central Government and other public sector organisations through meetings, events and conferences, that leads to sales opportunities.
- Brings creativity to the sales process - actively thinking of new ways of working, in combination with marketing support, to build qualified pipeline through outreach and engagement.
- Analyses the opportunity and sales pipeline to identify critical points to bring insight to the company and improve sales strategies.
- Utilising your high-level ICT skills to create compelling content and high-quality business cases for customers that leads to new the company's contracts for the Public Sector.
- Supports contract negotiation, on boarding and service mobilisation with successful handover to Account Managers.
- Applies a consultative approach to prospects to drive sales opportunities through active listening and focuses on the clients outcomes - putting the client's requirements at the forefront of their sales strategy
- Ensures efficient recording and reporting of key information to prospects, customers and internally through agreed processes and systems. Comprehensive use of Salesforce to maintain contacts, leads, opportunities and activities; analysing data to advance conversations with customers.
- Works collaboratively with other teams especially Business Development Teams (B2G & B2B), Marketing, Data & Insight, actively contributing to new marketing campaigns to drive forwards new sales and promoting the company's services at conferences and events.
- Undertake any requests made by the Senior Leadership Team that are relevant to the post.
The main responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of duties, only a general guide to the post. In consultation with the post-holder, the duties may change from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the service.
Values Match /Person Specification
- Consistently thinks about how their work can help and support customers to develop solutions to their workforce's mental health that deliver better outcomes for service users
- Always open, transparent and responsive in supporting customers with their needs and objectives
- Being thoughtful and collaborative with customers and with colleagues to ensure the widest audience can access our services
- Fully engaged and acting on your own initiative to find opportunities to increase the scope of our online mental health services.
- Supporting a safe environment for you and colleagues to work in and service users to access.
- 5+ years experience in BD preferably with a healthcare and/or HR focus
- Proven track record of achieving quarterly targets and pipeline coverage with a good mix of deals sizes between £20-100k average order value
- Experience developing engaging prospects ideally within the Public Sector to develop workforce services and develop new solutions
- A track record of successfully identifying and nurturing new sales opportunities and successfully turning them into customer contracts
- Ability to meet sales targets and evidence of working in a team to develop and implement business growth strategies and campaigns
- Knowledge and understanding of the mental health impact on Public Sector workforce particularly the impact of COVID-19
- Ability to liaise and network with a range of statutory organisations with expertise in identifying decision makers and negotiating contracts
- Work in a way that engages positively with issues of diversity and difference.
- Ability in develop and deliver high quality presentations and sales pitches to
- Experience of using computerised systems at a high-level including Microsoft, G-suite, Salesforce, Slack
Position subject to a successful disclosure and barring check as part of the recruitment process.
- Salary up to £50,000 pa (depending on experience) plus OTE 25%+
- 36 days annual leave (inc Public Holidays)
- Yearly professional training programmes structured around you
- Pension contributions
- Flexible remote working working from home
- Extensive travel is a normal requirement of role
- Employee Health Care Package
- Eligible for annual award of Long Term Incentive Plan (shares)
- Life Assurance (4x Salary)
- Cycle to work scheme