Life Science People are a strategic growth partner within the Life Science industry providing bespoke services to the life science community from SMEs through to blue chip organisations and sourcing the best talent to make a tangible contribution to healthcare.
Life Science People is retained exclusively with a start-up Biotech specialising in developing innovative therapeutic solutions in rare and auto-immune diseases.
The Asset Leader is responsible for providing strategic, financial, and operational leadership for the spoke asset(s) and will closely coordinate and work with the senior leadership team. He/she will lead projects with the highest complexity and highest risk for the organisation and will be responsible for leading program innovation and buy-up opportunities to maximise product value. Program activities include planning towards milestones, defining clear go/no go decision points, creating buy-up/buy-down scenario plans, managing critical path activities, proactively identifying issues, resolving conflicts and communicating project-related issues to hub management. They will provide leadership and vision for the global regulatory submissions and approvals to achieve successful commercialisation and maximise value for new products.
Entrepreneurial; excited by new challenges and not intimidated, but instead invigorated by the ambiguity and risks associated with an 'early-stage' endeavour
A predisposition to roll-up-the-sleeves and personally engage in the work at hand; comfortable working in the resource-constrained, fast-paced environment of early-stage companies
- Setting product strategies and operational plans from candidate selection and early development through to clinical PoC and registration
- Ultimately responsible for achieving key commercial, regulatory, medical, and clinical outcomes.
- Plan, develop, implement, and direct the spokes operational and fiscal function and performance.
- Act as a strategic partner by developing and implementing the company's plans and programs.
- Communicate effectively and establish credibility throughout the organisation and with the Board of Directors as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provide expert financial guidance and advice to others within executive leadership.
- Work with finance team to develop a solid cash flow projection and reporting mechanism, which includes setting a minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Act as a strategic advisor and consultant offering expert advice on contracts, negotiations or business deals that the corporation may enter into.
- Evaluate company's financial, operational, and sales and marketing structures to plan for continual improvements and a continual increase of operating efficiencies.
- Mentor and interact with members of staff at all levels to foster growth and encourage development among senior executive team and all members of staff.
Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
- Advanced scientific degree (MD, or PhD, or PharmD)
- >10 years of industry experience or equivalent
- Significant experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with working knowledge of research
- and development or commercial operations
- Ability to train, develop and manage teams
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus and drive resolution of issues while maintaining
- positive working relationships across functions; negotiation and strong persuasive abilities.
- Executive presence and ability maintain calm in a high stress environment