Life Science People are partnering with a Gene Therapy biotech and are recruiting for an experienced and motivated Laboratory Technician/Animal Technician who is seeking to join a fast-paced environment and enjoy the challenges of being in a new start-up. The Laboratory Technician will play an important role in advancement of Gene Therapy. The focus will be on research and development. The scientific analysis play an important role in diagnosis, analysis, and examination of subject matter.
- Care and maintenance of animal models
- Collect and/or isolate samples from cell or mouse work
- Prepare specimens for analysis and observation
- Mouse genotyping
- Conduct laboratory tests and record results
- Maintain laboratory equipment and make sure lab supplies are available
- Perform calculations and advanced analysis on lab observations
- Follow strict safety rules and procedures to eliminate contamination of specimens
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of working in lab environment in either an academic or pharmaceutical company setting.
- Experience of working with animals
- Experience of laboratory techniques such as culturing of cells, RT-PCR, Western blotting and Immunofluorescence, typically gained over the period of a year or more.?
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, including the ability to plan experiments weeks/months in advance, and time manage accordingly ??
- A flexible and cooperative approach with the ability to adapt to changing work demands and use initiative ??
- The ability to analyse data, generate graphs/tables and calculate statistics, then present this data in written or oral format. ?
- Experience working in lab environment preferred and technical skill
- Understanding of good research practices and techniques
- Good research abilities
- Scientific analysis skills and knowledge of scientific method
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing biotech company. If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter to clearly stating the role you are applying for.